Paste This Code:
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hampton James Blanks

After 10 long months of anticipation, Hampton James Blanks is finally here! YAY! David and I are so blessed to have welcomed a beautiful and healthy baby boy! We sit and stare at him and just smile. It is such a special thing!! Ok, my mushy post partum hormones are kicking in but I am just so happy! :) For those that don't know the story, David and I went for my 38 week check up. They did a sonogram and measured the baby. According to the sonogram, Hampton was weighing 5lb 11oz. When we saw the doctor she was concerned that he was not getting enough nutrients from the placenta with his low weight (so we thought). So we scheduled a C-Section (doctor's recomendation because I was not dialated or effaced and the baby was extremly high, and with the low weight of the baby she didn't want him to go through the stress that an induction would cause) and were told to head to the hospital that night to monitor the baby. So at 6:40am they pushed me into the operating room and Hampton arrived at 7:16am weighing a surprising 6lb 11oz and measuring 19 1/2 inches! So they were off 1 pound, but at that point I didn't care one bit because my baby was HERE!!!! And he was perfect and healthy!!!!!!! We have enjoyed the first few days with him and a couple of sleep deprived nights, but that's expected with a new baby! We can't wait for everyone to meet our little man! I hope everyone has a great week and I'll post some new pictures of our growing boy each week - or at least I'll try :) HUGS!
The night before Hampton came

I'm here!!

I think his lungs work!

First family photo
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment